Saturday, March 20, 2021

PUZZLE 41: A WORTHY SACRIFICE (themeless)


Solving Music: Skrillex - Breakn' a Sweat


Been a while since we've done a nice stagger-stack, so here's one I'm happy with! Seeded this one with 36-Across; I've been getting into chess videos a good amount (despite being pretty garbage at it), and this entry was too good to pass up.

I'm also experimenting with multimedia clues on this one; the browser applet has a video clue for 20-Down; I'll probably be doing other clues like that in the future. I tried making that clue a pure audio clue, but there's nowhere I can host an audio file that'll be compatible with the applet, so I decided to edit that video together.

Not really an announcement, but a reminder for anyone who isn't already aware: the Boswords Spring Themeless League is still going on, and if you're in Crosscord, we have a channel for talking about the league puzzles. Swing by if you're taking part!

Enjoy the puzzle! I've also just finished gridding another 21x21 themeless, so after that gets clued, it'll probably be up here in the coming week. Stay tuned! ðŸ‘€

EDIT 3/20: This puzzle originally cited the wrong artist in the clue for 36-Down; this has been fixed in the applet, PUZ, and PDF. Let me know if those didn't update or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment