Monday, January 6, 2020

PUZZLE 8 - I'M JUST PLAYING GAMES (themeless)


SOLVING MUSIC: Tobacco - Father Sister Berzerker


We're back to themelesses; this one was seeded with a couple of 11-letter words from my personal wordlist (30- and 32-Across). There was a good amount of time where I thought this grid was going nowhere, but with the help of a really kickass SW corner that worked itself out and some admittedly bleh words in the north, I pulled this together in a couple nights. I think it's my favorite of the themelesses I've done to this point.

This is another one where I really got to indulge myself in lots of gaming references, and I took a few opportunities to get silly with my cluing. I think "silly" is probably the direction I'm going with my cluing voice; I'm also finding more and more with themelesses that my favorite entries and seeds are childish, and I'm definitely gonna keep running with it.

Enjoy the puzzle, y'all.

SOLUTION:


No comments:

Post a Comment