Monday, December 9, 2019

PUZZLE 5 - GOTTEM (themeless)


SOLVING MUSIC: TJH87 - Deadlock (Robotaki Remix)


Here's an impulse crossword I made after realizing that 34-Across is 15 letters. If you follow me over on Twitter, you might have seen me realize this. This is the first impulse crossword I'm posting, so be wary that this is going to be way more pop-culture heavy than most of the puzzles I've posted, especially in terms of video games. Also, dupes between phrases (I wouldn't dupe full entries) might end up happening (this particular puzzle has a 3-letter word used in 3 different entries and I didn't notice until after I finished filling :/), so you've been alerted.

I'm particularly pleased with this themeless; I pushed the pop-culture-y answers up to eleven on this one, and I like how the fill worked out, aside from the triple-dupe. I might try a similar grid pattern to this in a NYT submission soon, as it made for some lively 8-stacks and gave nice opportunities for scrabbly letters. That, and the grid shape is really aesthetically pleasing. Hope y'all enjoy.

SOLUTION:


No comments:

Post a Comment